(a) Fiona, John, Georgia, Kilgore, Ian, Lumina, Heather
(b) Lumina, Georgia, Fiona, John, Ian, Kilgore, Heather
(c) Kilgore, Fiona, Ian, Georgia, Lumina, John, Heather
(d) John, Lumina, Heather, Ian, Kilgore, Fiona, Georgia
283. Review the facts below.
• Tim lives in a big apartment.
• Abby lives in a small apartment.
• There are no big apartments in Tinyville.
• Small apartments have one bedroom.
Based on the information above, which of the following MUST be true?
(a) Tim lives in Tinyville
(b) Abby lives in Tinyville
(c) Big apartments have one bedroom
(d) Abby's apartment has one bedroom
284. Six out of eight people – a florist, gardener, historian, inventor, jeweller, locksmith, mailman and optician – introduce their occupation in a two-day career event, three people each day, each in a different time slot: morning, mid-day and afternoon.
The florist can only speak on day 2.
The gardener and the locksmith cannot speak in mid-day.
If the gardener speaks on day 1, the optician and the jeweller speak on day 2.
The inventor and the mailman will not speak on the same day.
If both the inventor and the locksmith are speaking, the inventor speaks sometime before the locksmith.
If the inventor and the historian both speak in the morning and the gardener speaks on day 1, what is the maximal number of timeslots for the locksmith?
285. Thomas and Sam work every other day (Monday through Saturday).
Thomas and Sam never work together.
Uma, Victor and Winona work twice a week (Monday through Saturday), but never together.
Thomas and Victor cannot both work on the same day.
Winona never works on Mondays or Fridays.
If Victor is working on Tuesday, which one of the following is not necessarily true?
(a) Winona is working on Thursday
(b) Uma is working on Monday
(c) Sam is working on Tuesday
(d) Winona is working on Wednesday
286. Employees who close over 6 deals or who are titled 'employee of the month' receive a 10% bonus.
Employee A closed five deals.
Employee B received a 10% bonus after closing seven deals.
Employee C was 'employee of the month' last October.
Which statement must be true?
(a) Employee A is about to receive a bonus.
(b) Last October, employee C received a 10% bonus
(c) Employees of the month are selected after closing around five deals a month, several months straight
(d) Employee C managed to close more than seven deals
287. Married people in Noah's neighbourhood live in two-story houses, while the rest live in one-story ones.
Which statement must be true?
(a) Noah lives in a house.
(b) Noah is married
(c) Noah lives in a house with two floors
(d) Noah always pays his rent on time
288. A chef has to pick four fruits out of the following seven to make a fruit salad: figs, guavas, honeydews, kiwis, mangos, nectarines and papayas.
Papaya can be selected only if kiwi is selected.
Fig can be selected only if nectarine is selected.
Either mango or nectarine must be selected, but never both.
Either papaya or honeydew must be selected but never both.
Which one of the following could be a list of the fruits in the salad?
(a) Kiwi, papaya, fig, mango
(b) Kiwi, nectarine, honeydew, guava
(c) Mango, nectarine, fig, papaya
(d) Papaya, mango, guava, honeydew
Tell Your Freind