(a) Judy is Dan's mother-in-law
(b) Margaret is Dan's mother
(c) Judy is Joshua's grandmother
(d) None of the above
218. All Germans speak Italian. All Italian speakers ride bicycles. Which of the following statements must be true?
(a) All Italians speak German
(b) All bicycle riders are German
(c) All Germans ride bicycles
(d) Some of the Italians riding bicycles are Germans
219. All owls have night vision, and birds that have night vision arenít black. Which of the following statements must be true?
(a) Black ravens don't have night vision
(b) All owls are not black
(c) Birds that are black lack night vision
(d) All of the above
220. All psychologists are scientists. All nice people are psychologists. Which of the following statements must be true?
(a) All psychologists are nice
(b) All scientists are psychologists
(c) All nice people are scientists
(d) Some nice people arenít scientists
221. If there are no dancers that arenít slim and no singers that arenít dancers, then which statements are always true?
(a) There is not one slim person that isn't a dancer
(b) All singers are slim
(c) Anybody slim is also a singer
(d) None of the above
222. Canadian wheat farmers produced so much wheat over the last season that wheat prices plummeted. The government tried to boost wheat prices by offering farmers who agreed not to harvest 20 percent of their wheat field compensation up to a specified maximum per farm. The Canadian government's program, if successful, will not be a net burden on the budget. Which of the following, if true, is the best basis for an explanation of how this could be so?
(a) If prices were allowed to remain low, the farms would be operating at a loss, causing the government to lose tax revenue on farm profits
(b) Wheat production in several countries declined the year that the compensation program went into effect in Canada
(c) The first year that the compensation program was in effect, wheat acreage in Canada was 5% below its level in the base year for the program
(d) The specified maximum per farm meant that for very large wheat farms the compensation was less per acre for those acres than they were for smaller farms
223. New stores financed by investors have a much lower failure rate than stores financed by other means. Source of financing, therefore, must be a more important causative factor in the success of a new store than are such factors as the location of the store, the quality of the staff, or the choice of merchandise. Which of the following, if true, most seriously weakens the argument above?
(a) Investors tend to be more responsive than others to changes in a new store's financial needs
(b) The strategic planning of a new store is a less important factor in the long-term success of the business than are the personal characteristics of the owner
(c) More than half of all new stores close within three years
(d) Investors base their decisions to fund new stores on such factors as the personal characteristics of the owner, location of the store, and marketing goals
Tell Your Freind