248. Review the facts below.
• John is a demon.
• Erica is not a princess.
• There are no demons who do not have pointed ears.
• Princesses are always blonde and wear a crown.
Based on the information above, which of the following MUST be true?explanation
(a) John has pointed ears
(b) John and Erica have similar looking ears
(c) Erica does not have pointed ears
(d) There are blond demons with rounded ears
249. Review the facts below.
• Adam sings in church on Sundays.
• Rachel takes the train to work.
• The sky is never blue, unless Adam sings.
• Trains travel only when the sky is blue.
Based on the information above, which of the following MUST be true?
(a) Today is Monday, and it is raining
(b) Rachel walks to work
(c) Trains travel on Sundays
(d) Adam takes the train to work
250. The body of a man who lived on the western coast of Greenland some 4,000 years ago has recently been discovered. Using the DNA in his hair as a basis, researchers determined that the Greenlander belonged to a Paleo-Eskimo culture called the Saqqaq, and that the Saqqaq man's closest living relatives were the Chukchis, people who live at the easternmost tip of Siberia.
Which one of the following best expresses the main conclusion of the argument above?
(a) Culturally, the Chukchis were Eskimos
(b) DNA is best preserved in hair, where it is sealed in by keratin
(c) There was a migration across the continent from Siberia to Greenland more than 4,000 years ago
(d) 4,000 years ago, the eastern coast of Greenland was probably unpopulated
251. The media continually advises people to lower the mortality rate of car accidents by using seat belts when driving. Moreover, it was the media that made people aware of the importance of strapping in babies and young children. Most people today use car seats designed especially to protect the young child, and the rate of young children who have been killed in car crashes has significantly dropped. Nonetheless, being strapped in the car with a seat belt can itself pose a danger, especially in a burning car. Thus, while paradoxically ignoring the media's advice on how to reduce the risk of being killed in a car crash is bound to decrease the number of people who lose their lives each year in burning vehicles, it is still the rule.
Which one of the following best expresses the main conclusion of the above argument?
(a) The risks involved in driving without a seatbelt outweigh the risks of using a seat belt
(b) Despite some exceptions, people can reduce the risk to their lives by following the advice of the media.
(c) The media and not an interested retail group should promote safety measures
(d) Since risks accompany both the use of seat belts and their non-use, drivers have no choice but to decide for themselves
Tell Your Freind